Monoethylene Glycol (MEG)
We are distributors / suppliers of Monoethylene Glycol manufactured by Reliance Industries Ltd. We offer MEG in Tanker loads and New HDPE / MS Barrels. Monoethylene Glycol (MEG) is a colourless, virtually odourless and slightly viscous liquid. Monoethylene Glycol (MEG) is miscible with water, alcohols, aldehydes and many organic compounds. MEG will not dissolve rubber, cellulose acetate or heavy vegetable and petroleum oils. MEG has a low volatility and it is 50% more hygroscopic than glycerol at room temperature. Monoethylene Glycol (MEG) is the most widely used chemical from the Glycol family. It is an essential raw material for Polyester fibres and Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) polymer. MEG based products are also used as coolants in Automobile antifreeze, resins, humectants for paper etc. MEG can be transported in Epoxy coated MS tankers. Monoethylene Glycol (MEG) can be stored in MS containers lined with baked phenolic resin / air drying epoxy phenolic resin or vinyl resin. It is advisable to store MEG in a cool, dry place with good ventilation – away from heat, sparks or flames.
- Polyester : MEG is an essential raw material for Polyester. Ethylene Glycol reacts with PTA / to produce polyester.
- Adhesives, Sealants and Coatings : Monoethylene Glycol and D-Ethylene Glycol is used in latex based paint formulation. These glycols are also used to produce acrylate and methacrylate resins for coatings, adhesives, and paints.
- Alkyd Resins for Paints and Coatings : It is used as a reactant in the manufacture of Alkyd resins which are used in Paints, enamels and varnishes.
- Antifreeze : Monoethylene Glycol (MEG) is used as an active ingredient in engine coolants and antifreeze, offering benefits including a high boiling point, low vapor pressure, excellent heat transfer abilities, and the ability to depress the freezing point of water.
- Appearance : Clear Liquid
- Specific Gravity : 1151 – 1.1156
- Color : Max 5
- Acidity : Max 0.005
- Iron : Max 0.1
- Distillation range : 193 – 204
- Diethylene Glycol : Max 0.08
- Assay : Min 99.8
- Water : Max 0.08
- Minimum Order Quantity: 230 Kilograms