We are one of the prominent Importers & Suppliers of Pyridine in India. Pyridine is a basic heterocyclic organic compound with the chemical formula C5H5N. It is structurally related to benzene, with one C-H group replaced by a nitrogen atom. The pyridine ring occurs in many important compounds, including azines and the vitamins niacin and pyridoxal.
- It is used as a precursor to agrochemicals and pharmaceuticals and is also an important solvent and reagent.
- It is used in the in vitro synthesis of DNA, in the synthesis of sulfapyridine (a drug against bacterial and viral infections), antihistaminic drugs tripelennamine and mepyramine, as well as water repellents, bactericides and herbicides.
- Role in chemical synthesis :It is an important solvent and reagent in organic synthesis. It is used as a solvent in Knoevenagel condensations. It is the precursor to myriad insecticides, herbicides, pharmaceuticals, food flavorings, dyes, rubber chemicals, adhesives, paints, explosives and disinfectants. Examples include paraquat
- As a solvent : It is a widely used polar but aprotic solvent. It is miscible with a broad range of solvents including hexane and water. Deuterated pyridine, called pyridine-d5, is a common solvent for1H NMR spectroscopy.
- As a denaturant : It is also used as a denaturant for antifreeze mixtures, for ethyl alcohol, for fungicides, and as a dyeing aid for textiles.
- Role in analytical chemistry Pyridine, along.
Other Informations :
It is produced either by isolation from natural sources such as coal, or through chemical synthesis. It is produced by the fractional distillation of coal-tar residues in which 1 ton of coal produces 0.07-0.21 pounds of pyridine bases of which 57% is this product. Synthetically produced this product is currently the more important source of this product for commercial uses. Small amounts of this products are synthesized from acetaldehyde, formaldehyde, and ammonia with a fluidized silica-alumina catalyst, followed by fractionation to isolate this product. It is produced from natural sources by Crowley Tar Products.
Technical Specifications :
- Appearance : Flammable, colorless liquid
- Odour : Sharp Taste
- Purity : Min 99.80
- Relative Density : 0.9780
- Specific Gravity : 0.9780
- Crystallizing Point : -42 oC
- Vapour Pressure : 4000ppm
- Pure in composition
- Cost effective
- Highly demanded