Our organization is engaged in offering a vast range of Tetrahydrofuran (THF). This exclusive product is processed by our qualified professionals using high grade chemical compounds. Our Tetrahydrofuran (THF) is tested on various parameters in order to maintain its compliance with universally accepted norms by our quality inspectors. In addition to this, the offered Tetrahydrofuran (THF) can be purchased at market leading rates within the promised time – frame.
Tetrahydrofuran (THF) is a heterocyclic organic compound with the chemical formula (CH2)4O. This colorless, water-miscible organic liquid has low viscosity at standard temperature and pressure. Tetrahydrofuran (THF) is the most useful solvent amongst the range of polar ethers. Extensively used as a precursor to polymers, Tetrahydrofuran (THF) has an odor similar to that of diethyl ether, although it is much less potent anesthetic than its chemical cousin.
Applications of Tetrahydrofuran (THF) :
- Resin solvent (tape coating, PVC surface coating, PVC reactor cleaning, removal of PVC film, cellophane coating, plastic printing ink and thermoplastic polyurethane coating).
- Reaction solvent (format reagents, alkyl alkali metal compound and aromatic alkali metal compound, aluminum hydride and boron hydride, steroids and macromolecular organic polymers).
- Chemical intermediate product (polymerization PTMEG and natural flavor enhancer); chromatography solvent (gel permeation chromatography).
- As a monomer in the production of polytetramethylene ether glycol (ptmeg)
- As a solvent in polyvinyl chloride (pvc) cements, coatings, in precision magnetic tape manufacture and as a reaction solvent.
- Versatile solvent with numerous applications in areas such as adhesives, vinyl films and cellophanes, industrial resins, elastomers, coatings and printing inks.
- Function as a pvc-type cleaner before joint formation.
- Used in consumer products as a component of cleaning fluids, paint removers and stripping fluids, functional fluids, lacquers and coatings, adhesives, and as functional fluids and corrosion inhibitors.
- Manufacture of industrial resins, polyurethane coatings, elastomers and printing inks
- PVC cleaner prior to jointing rigid pipes in compounded cements for leather, plastic sheet film extrusions film formation for vinyl top coating, cast vinyl films, coated cellophane etc.
- As a pharmaceutical solvent
- Solvent for anionic polymerization
Features of Tetrahydrofuran (THF) :
- Easy availability for industrial use.
- Water white / colourless, low viscosity
- Material meeting customer need can be arranged
- The compound is classified as heterocyclic compound,
- Premium quality
- Accurate composition
- Long shelf life