XYLENE (mix/ortho) is a mixture of three benzene derivatives that is used as a solvent in the printing, rubber, leather and allied industries. It is colorless, sweet-smelling liquid that is very flammable and renowned for its intoxicating properties. We are one of the leading company engaged in offering premium quality XYLENE to our highly valued clients. The detailed information about the XYLENE msds can be obtained by contacting us.
Chemical and physical properties
- Xylene is a chemical composed by a group of three benzene derivatives that encompasses ortho-, meta- and para- isomers of dimethyl benzene.
- The o-, m- and p- designations specify to which carbon atoms (of the benzene ring) the two methyl groups are attached.
- Counting the carbon atoms from one of the ring carbons bonded to a methyl group and counting towards the second ring carbon bonded to a methyl group, the o- isomer has the IUPAC name of 1,2-dimethylbenzene, the m- isomer has the IUPAC name of 1,3- dimethylbenzene, and the p- isomer has the IUPAC name of 1,4- dimethylbenzene.
- Appearance of Xylene: colorless,
- Sweet-smelling liquid
Applications of Xylene :
- Used as a solvent in the printing, rubber, and leather industries.
- Used in the production of polymers
- Used as a cleaning agent for steel
Other Details of Xylene :
- CAS-No . 79-06-1
- MDG-Code: 6.1/III UN 2074
- IATA/ICAO: 6.1 UN 2074 PAX 619 CAO 619
- R : 45-46-E24/25-E48/23/24/25 ·S : 53-45
- Disposal : 9
- Merck Index 11,123
- H.S.No. 2924 10 00 0
- M = 71.08 g/mol
- 1l = 1.03 kg
- Boil. point/30 hPa 125oC
- Vapour press./100oC 5.3 hPa
- Water soluble
Specification of Xylene :
- Appearance : Clear Liquid free of sediments
- Relative Density : 0.865-0.877
- Color : 20 max
- Distillation Range : 137-143 oC
- Dry Point : 243 oC
- Acid Wash Color : 6 Max
- Acidity : Not Detected
“This particular price varies on daily basis. Please call and check for the latest price”