- Reviews (0)
In the world of industrial applications, finding the perfect solvent can be a game-changer. When it comes to efficiency, versatility, and safety, Isopar G stands out as a remarkable option. This hydrocarbon-based solvent has gained popularity across various industries for its unique properties and wide range of applications. In this article, we will delve into the features, benefits, and applications of Isopar G, shedding light on why it has become a preferred choice for many.
Isoparaffin G is a high-purity isoparaffinic solvent that falls under the category of synthetic hydrocarbon solvents. It is a clear, odorless & colorless liquid with a low viscosity. Isoparaffin G is produced through the hydrogenation of a petroleum-derived feedstock in the presence of a catalyst. The resulting solvent is a highly refined mixture of C9-C11 isoparaffins.
Properties of Isopar G:
- Rapid Evaporation: Isopar G exhibits a remarkably rapid evaporation rate, making it an ideal choice for formulations that require self-evaporation, such as varnishing oil and evanescent oil.
- Low Viscosity: The key benefit of Isopar G lies in its extremely low viscosity, which guarantees uniform and effective coverage on metal parts.
- Exceptional Chemical Stability: The chemical stability of Isopar G refers to its resistance to chemical reactions or decomposition when exposed to various substances or conditions. Isoparaffin G is highly stable and inert.
- Narrow Distillation Range: The distillation range of Isoparaffin G is deliberately narrow to achieve an optimal balance between its flash point and drying time.
- Odorless: Isoparaffin G is known for its odorless property. It is a type of isoparaffinic solvent that does not have a noticeable or strong smell. This odorless characteristic makes it suitable for applications where odor neutrality is desired, such as in the formulation of fragrances, personal care products, and other consumer goods.
Applications of Isopar G:
- Metal Working Fluids: Isoparaffin G is employed as cleaning solvent, rust preventive, carrier fluid & degreasing agent in metalworking applications.
- PTFE Extrusion: Isopar G serves as a lubricant and processing aid during PTFE extrusion. In PTFE extrusion, Isopar G helps to reduce friction between the PTFE material and the extrusion equipment, allowing for smoother and more efficient processing. It acts as a lubricant, facilitating the movement of the PTFE through the extruder and minimizing the risk of surface defects or damage. Furthermore, Isopar G has a relatively low boiling point, which allows it to evaporate easily after extrusion, leaving behind a clean and pure PTFE product. Its low volatility helps in minimizing residual solvent content in the extruded PTFE, ensuring the final product meets quality and safety standards.
- Process Solvent: As a process solvent, Isoparaffin G offers several advantages. Firstly, it has a low viscosity, allowing it to easily flow and penetrate materials. This makes it effective in dissolving or dispersing a wide range of substances, including resins, waxes, oils, and other organic compounds. Secondly, Isopar G is chemically stable, meaning it does not readily react with other substances. This stability ensures compatibility with a variety of materials and minimizes the risk of unwanted chemical reactions during the process.
- Agriculture: Isoparaffin G can be used as a component or solvent in certain agricultural chemicals. Agricultural chemicals encompass a range of products used in farming and crop management, including herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, and plant growth regulators.
- Industrial Cleaning: Isopar G’s low surface tension and excellent solvency power make it ideal for industrial cleaning applications. It effectively removes oils, greases, waxes, and other contaminants from various surfaces without leaving any residue behind. It is commonly employed in degreasing machinery, cleaning electronic components, and precision cleaning in manufacturing processes.
Technical Specifications / Technical Data Sheet / TDS of Isopar G
|Test Method (ASTM)
|Clear, Transparent Liquid
|Density @ 15°C
|0.7200 - 0.7600 G/ML
|40 °C Minimum
|Initial Boiling Point (IBP)
|160 °C Minimum
|190 °C Maximum
|Less than 100 ppm
|Less than 1.0 ppm
|To be reported
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40 °C
|To be reported
Other Grades of Isoparaffin
Packaging & Storage Information:
- 155 kilograms of brand new intact barrels
- It should be stored in original tightly closed container, in dry conditions.
- The selection of containers, such as storage barrels, can impact the accumulation and dissipation of static electricity. It is important to keep containers tightly closed and handle them with care. When opening containers, it is advisable to do so slowly to control any potential pressure release. Store the containers in a cool and well-ventilated area. Additionally, it is crucial to ensure that storage containers are properly grounded and bonded. This applies to fixed storage containers, transfer containers, and associated equipment to prevent the build-up of static charge.