Epotec RD 108 Reactive Diluent
- Reviews (0)
In the world of polymer chemistry and industrial applications, reactive diluents play a crucial role in enhancing the performance and versatility of various formulations. Epotec RD 108 Reactive Diluent, developed by Grasim Industries Ltd (Aditya Birla), is a cutting-edge product that offers exceptional properties and benefits across different industries. This article aims to explore the features, applications, and advantages of Reactive Diluent RD 108, shedding light on why it has become a go-to choice for professionals seeking high-quality solutions. Reactive diluents are low-viscosity epoxy monomers that are used to modify the viscosity and reactivity of epoxy formulations. They are typically added to epoxy resins to reduce their viscosity, improve processability, and enhance their performance in various applications.
Reactive Diluent RD 108 is composed of a mono-glycidyl ether obtained from C12-C14 fatty alcohol. Epotec RD 108 is primarily used as a reactive diluent for high viscosity epoxy resins. Epotec RD 108 Reactive Diluent exhibits compatibility with epoxy resin at all concentrations, allowing for the formulation of resin blends that can be cured using a variety of epoxy hardeners. Similar to other mono-functional aliphatic reactive diluents, increasing the amount of Epotec RD 108 Reactive Diluent in the epoxy resin blend will result in an extended pot life and lead to modifications in the properties of the cured resin. One advantage of this Reactive Diluent, being an aliphatic compound, is its superior non-yellowing characteristics compared to aromatic mono-functional reactive diluents. In addition to its other benefits, Epotec RD 108 Reactive Diluent demonstrates excellent wetting characteristics, ensuring its effectivity on various surfaces. Furthermore, Epotec RD 108 Reactive Diluent exhibits a low odor profile, contributing to a more pleasant working environment during its application.
Applications of Epotec RD 108 Reactive Diluent:
- Floor Coating / Epoxy Floor Coating: They are often used to adjust the viscosity of self-leveling floorings and screeds. These diluents can be added to the formulation to reduce the viscosity of the resin system, making it easier to mix, apply, and level on the floor surface. By adjusting the viscosity, the self-leveling properties of the flooring material can be optimized.
- Self Leveling Screeds & Coatings: It can enhance the flow and leveling characteristics of self-leveling floorings and screeds. They help the material to spread evenly and smoothly over the substrate, resulting in a flat and uniform surface. This is particularly important for achieving a visually appealing and high-quality finished floor.
- Metal & Concrete Primers & Coatings: They can enhance the adhesion of primers and coatings to metal and concrete substrates. These diluents can promote proper wetting and penetration into the substrate, leading to improved bonding. Better adhesion helps to prevent issues such as peeling, cracking, or delamination of the coating over time.
- Potting and encapsulation: They can provide electrical insulation properties to potting compounds. They help to create a barrier between electrical components, preventing short circuits and ensuring proper functioning of the encapsulated devices. Additionally, specific reactive diluents can be used to improve dielectric properties, such as high voltage resistance or low dielectric constant, depending on the application requirements. Reactive diluents can be used to enhance the thermal management properties of potting compounds. By incorporating thermally conductive diluents, heat generated by the encapsulated components can be efficiently dissipated, preventing overheating and prolonging the lifespan of the electronics. This is particularly important in applications where thermal management is critical.
- General purpose adhesives: They can be used to reduce the solvent content in general-purpose adhesives, leading to lower volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions. By replacing a portion of the solvent with reactive diluents, the adhesive’s viscosity and performance can be maintained while reducing the environmental impact.
Benefits of Epotec RD 108 Reactive Diluent:
- Good Viscosity Control
- Improved Wetting and Flow
- Reduced Shrinkage and Warping
- Lower Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) Content
- Outstanding Transparency
Technical Specifications / Technical Data Sheet / TDS of Epotec RD 108 Reactive Diluent :
|ASTM D 1544-04
|0.5 G max.
|ASTM D 1652-04
|275 – 300 g/eq
|ASTM D 2196-05
|5 – 10 cP
|ASTM D 1726-03
|0.1 % max.
|ASTM E 203-01
|0.1 % max.
|10 ppm max.
|ASTM D 1652-04
|3.33 – 3.64
|ASTM D 1475-98
|ASTM D 1259-06
|ASTM D 93
Packaging & Storage Information:
- 180 kilograms of brand new intact barrels
- Other pack sizes can be obtained upon request
Store Reactive Diluent RD 108 in its original, tightly sealed container, ensuring a dry and warm environment. Following these conditions, the product maintains a minimum storage lifespan of two years from its manufacturing date.
Other Related Products:
- Epoxy Resin YD 128
- Epoxy Resin YD 011 X 75
- Hardener / Curing Agent TH 7301
- Epoxy Hardener & Curing Agent
- Isophorone Diamine (IPDA)
- Triethylene Triamine (TETA)
- Diethylenetriamine (DETA)
- Epoxy Hardener
- Modified / Unmodified Cycloaliphatic Amine based Curing Agent
- Benzyl Alcohol
- Salicylic Acid
- Plasticizers (DBP/DOP/DOA)
- Mix Xylene / Ortho Xylene
- Curing Agent for Electrical Industry
- Reactive Diluents (Based on C12 – C14 / O-Cresol / 1-4 BDO / PPG / etc..)
- Epoxy Resin